UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (58) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75641  
Subject: Re: My Meeting with the AmEx guy Date: 2/26/2004 12:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

Hmmm??? What scare tactic? Where in any of my posts have I ever used a scare tactic (and you may go back over the years of my postings)? I don't use scare tactics; it's not my style.

Oh, come on...I suggested Vanguard funds, and the first thing you replied is 'some people don't have the risk tolerance for STOCKS'.

I never said buy ALL stocks.

You can simply buy the same mix you would have bought from your
insurance salesman, and make a lot more money in the process, maybe hundreds of thousands extra, rather than paying high up front fees and high annuall expenses in most plans.

Sorry, you might wish to review your posts, but the tone was 'oh, those poor investors, let ME invest your money SAFELY in high commission, high cost products, and you'll do "OK"'......

My advice...talk to some 'free' financial planners...listen to their plans and ideas from the inputs you give them.....talk to several.....when they come back with their computer generated output (and oh, is it impressive - 20-30 pages of charts and graphs showing projected performance, breakdown year by year, listing your assets/investments, etc......(takes about 20 minutes to enter your data into the computer for a slow person, then 20 milliseconds to calcalate and a few minutes to print....been there..done that through the Prudential training program...afterwards I decided I really didn't want to con my friends and associates into their products, primarily high cost life insurance/variable annuity products, and high cost mutual funds)......

THen take their advice, and buy into similar better performing lower cost no load Vanguard funds in about the same mix.

You don't buy a car from every salesroom you visit while shopping for a car....I see no reason why you have to 'decide' to buy from a particular salesman if he/she can't show that tthe funds and their fees are not only "almost competitive", but WILL BEAT the no-fee no-load funds of similar nature/mix.

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (58) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement