Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dolmsteadjr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 70  
Subject: HMMMMMMM,Ackmann????? Date: 8/23/2012 4:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I seem to remember Ackman being the driving force behind saying "NO" to the original Simon offer. Now he wants to sell, rather curious if you ask me. I do wish they would present an offer in the upper echelon of thirty. I could really do a happy dance with that.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: foolynaround Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 69 of 70
Subject: Re: HMMMMMMM,Ackmann????? Date: 10/1/2012 10:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
don't see the upper echelon of 30's in the near future. remember that the company's shares were severly diluted so visions of their $60+ price per share is way down the road. must see more improvement in ggp's earnings and ffo and more economic turnaround in the usa before we can realistically expect outsized stock appreciation from the current level.

i've been long ggp since march '09 and have been richly rewarded. i like bam's long term approach and don't see any need for them to buy out ackman's position at a premium. i think that ackman's approach to the howard hughes company is more like bam's approach to ggp. in the end, i believe both company stocks will do well. ackman would just like to cash out and redeploy his money someplace else. can't blame him and i sure do appreciate his leadership in saving ggp.

Author: dolmsteadjr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70 of 70
Subject: Re: HMMMMMMM,Ackmann????? Date: 10/11/2012 12:30 PM
Well said, I can't say I have been richly rewarded but I am happy just the same. As my shares are located in my IRA my long-term horizon is keep it unless a really "doesn't make sense" offer pops up and I just gotta take it. I did sell HHC and RSe to move to POT for diversification and disappointed short term, but they historically have done well so looking forward to when that happens, my timing of that may have sucked, but you buy when you can. Sometimes you bite the horse and sometimes the horse bites you.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement