UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: obiwankenobe1250 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5  
Subject: Hoadley Options Tools Date: 2/25/2007 5:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm looking to start a User Group here, or on YahooGroups regarding the Peter Hoadley Options Strategies Evaluation Tools.

I have had this Excel Add-in for several months now and, while it's helpful, I know I'm not finding what I'm looking for in the tutorials. I want to find an overview that shows how to use the tools to answer basic questions, like "to buy or not to buy". Or, "to write or not to write" a call.

Anyone else own this product?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: obiwankenobe1250 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 5
Subject: Re: Hoadley Options Tools Date: 2/25/2007 5:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Oh, and I suppose I could post a link to the website from whence this product comes.

http://www.hoadley.net/options/options.htm

It's a very powerful tool, written by a mathematical genius I'm quite certain and though I think I can eventually utilize what is within, it would be nice if there was a guide for practical application to the real world of options trading.

Author: TMFHamp Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 5
Subject: Re: Hoadley Options Tools Date: 3/9/2007 10:01 AM
Hi obi,

In addition to Hoadley, check out thinkorswim's analytical software:

http://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=dtAnalyze

The good thing about thinkorswim is that real-time market data is fully integrated into the analytics so that you can do real-time options evaluation.

Jim

Author: mikemck356 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 5
Subject: Re: Hoadley Options Tools Date: 5/19/2007 11:45 PM
Obi,

Have you been able to make use of the Hoadley tools?

I have been aware of them for some time and have considered buying them.

It would be interesting to get an update from you on your use of them.

Mike

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement