Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 52488  
Subject: HOF announcement, Wed 01/09 Date: 1/7/2013 11:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
any guess on who gets in???

on Clubhouse Confidential on Friday, Brian Kenney gave a website that keeps an update of votes as they come in...

I couldn't write the URL down fast enough to check it, but, he said as of airing time the 1st place voter had about 69% of the 75% needed!!!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48355 of 52488
Subject: Re: HOF announcement, Wed 01/09 Date: 1/7/2013 9:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
any guess on who gets in???

I'll take a wild guess and say Mike Piazza (wishful thinking on my part).

Christina

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48356 of 52488
Subject: Re: HOF announcement, Wed 01/09 Date: 1/7/2013 10:16 PM
I'm hoping it's Jack Morris.

Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48357 of 52488
Subject: Re: HOF announcement, Wed 01/09 Date: 1/8/2013 2:13 AM
Recommendations: 1
according to Bill Madden (NY Daily News) on Clubhouse Confidental on MLB Network on Monday nite there is a good chance that NOBODY gets voted in this year...

apparently several writers are sending their ballot in blank as a form of protest to so many steroid players on ballot...

Bill Madden said he voted but didn't vote for any steroid users...

Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48358 of 52488
Subject: Re: HOF announcement, Wed 01/09 Date: 1/8/2013 11:28 AM
re: Jack Morris

most of old time writers who have been voting for over 20 years all say they can't vote for a guy with career 3.90 ERA...

if he gets in he'll have the highest ERA in the HOF...

Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48359 of 52488
Subject: Re: HOF announcement, Wed 01/09 Date: 1/8/2013 11:30 AM
re: Mike Piazza

Christina, if he gets in the HOF will he wearing a Mets hat or a Dodger hat???

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48360 of 52488
Subject: Re: HOF announcement, Wed 01/09 Date: 1/8/2013 12:36 PM
Christina, if he gets in the HOF will he wearing a Mets hat or a Dodger hat???

Well, my wishful thinking is that he gets in on the first ballot AND wears a Mets hat. (What can I say? I'm an eternal optimist at heart.)

Christina

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48361 of 52488
Subject: Re: HOF announcement, Wed 01/09 Date: 1/9/2013 1:15 PM
Recommendations: 1
if he gets in he'll have the highest ERA in the HOF...

So by that logic, the guy currently in there with the highest ERA should be taken out.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement