Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DrBob2 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 440905  
Subject: Holder isn't sure Date: 5/15/2013 8:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Holder Isn't Sure How Often Reporters' Records Are Seized
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/15/184138253/hol...
As his Justice Department faces bipartisan outrage for searching phone records of Associated Press reporters and editors, Attorney Gen. Eric Holder says he is not sure how many times such information has been seized by government investigators in the four years he's led Justice.

During an interview with NPR's Carrie Johnson on Tuesday, Holder was asked how often his department has obtained such records of journalists' work.

"I'm not sure how many of those cases ... I have actually signed off on," Holder said. "I take them very seriously. I know that I have refused to sign a few [and] pushed a few back for modifications."

DB2
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 422989 of 440905
Subject: Re: Holder isn't sure Date: 5/15/2013 11:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If this turns out to be correct, then the actions were likely legal under present law.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/14/holder-recused-himself-from-d...
(emphasis added)

Holder appointed two federal prosecutors last June to spearhead the investigation into suspected leaks of classified information after receiving sharp criticism from Republicans. The leaked information, revealed by press outlets including the Associated Press and New York Times, included reports of American cyber warfare against Iran and of a double agent who infiltrated a militant group in Yemen.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement