Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58635  
Subject: Holiday Flavored Protein Bars Date: 11/15/2012 5:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Pumpkin Pie Protein Bars

50 g peanut butter
25 g sugar-free pumpkin pie-flavored syrup
50 g vanilla protein powder

Mix together peanut butter, anise extract and syrup. Stir in protein powder. Knead dough until it resembles raw cookie dough. Refrigerate until ready to eat.

Gingerbread Cookie Dough Protein Bars

50 g peanut butter
25 g sugar-free gingerbread-flavored syrup

Mix together peanut butter, anise extract and syrup. Stir in protein powder. Knead dough until it resembles raw cookie dough. Refrigerate until ready to eat.

Eggnog Protein Bars

50 g peanut butter
25 g sugar-free eggnog-flavored syrup

Candy Cane Protein Bars

50 g peanut butter
25 g sugar-free peppermint-flavored syrup
2 g (1/2 tsp) of pure peppermint extract

Mix together peanut butter, peppermint extract and syrup. Stir in protein powder. Knead dough until it resembles raw cookie dough. Refrigerate until ready to eat.

It tastes like a soft chewy candy cane. The peppermint flavor is subtle, in case you're worried. Sort of like candy cane taffy, but softer.

Anise Cookie Dough Protein Bars

50 g peanut butter
25 g sugar-free vanilla or cookie dough syrup
4 g (1 tsp) of pure anise extract

Notes:

These are NOT BAKED. All must be refrigerated to store.

Measurements are approximate--they depend on brand(s) used. The proportions in general should be 2:1:2 peanut butter:sugar-free syrup:protein powder. iow approximately equal amounts (by weight) of peanut butter and protein powder and half that amouint of syrup.

For the peanut butter in these recipes, I used Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy
For the protein powder, I used VPX Zero Carb Vanilla
For the sugar-free syrup, I used Da Vinci brand
For the extracts, I used McCormick

No, you can't taste the peanut butter (the flavor recedes while the extract and syrup flavors come to the forefront).
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement