No. of Recommendations: 16
I'm inquiring about the tracking of PayPal donations to the choices below, if sending a check - add "Foolish Elves" in the memo section please. If sending items, please include a note indicating "Foolish Elves".

1a) Operation First Response's Operation Stocking Stuffer:
http://www.geocities.com/melyon69/index.html

A major corporation is helping with pens/pencils/shavers - more on that once the donation is made.

The following items are being collected by Nov. 28, 2004:

phone cards
Chapstick
Lotion
White Cotton Socks
Hair Combs/Brushes
Travel games
Travel water bottles
Word Find Puzzle Books
Paper Back Reading Material <new please>
Stationery
Pens/Pencils
Dry Erase Board/Eraser/Marker(s)

**** the BIC Corporation is donating LOTS of pens/pencils/shavers - they are being personally delivered to me on Wednesday Nov. 17, to be shipped to Operation First Response I'll post the entire list when it's received.

1b) Snack Packs for patients at the 31st CSH <Combat Support Hospital> unfortunately the busiest CSH in Iraq. I started sending snack packs at the suggestion of one of the soldiers. It's been a big help for those patients who aren't mobile to reach the mess tent. If anyone is interested in donating for snack packs, the donations should be sent to Operation First Response - add "Snack Packs" in the memo section. This is a 24/7 effort for those interested beyond the holidays.

1c) As wounded arrive and wounded go home, needs change based on the individuals. Example: I'm planning, if things work out, to visit PA <the Philly area> during Thanksgiving weekend to deliver clothes and toys <for Christmas> for a soldier's family. The soldier has been a patient at Walter Reed for the past 9 months as an out-patient, which forces them to stretch their budgets even thinner. His wife is also pregnant with their third child. Anyone interested in helping wounded soldiers, please let me know.

2a) Operation Letters Home's - Toys for Little Troopers:
http://www.operationlettersfromhome.com/index.html Estimated deadline Dec. 10th

We have several service members in our organization whose children will be having a tough Christmas this year. As of now, we are collecting donations to purchase toys for some of the ones who have been pointed out as special cases. These include children whose mother was recently diagnosed with a terminal illness, children of a single service member who has custody of his kids & a few others.

2b) Operation Letters Home's - Koats 4 Kids:

We are also taking donations for winter coats for some of these same children those with Toys for Little Troopers

3) Give2TheTroops: www.Give2TheTroops.org - sends care packages to soldiers

I will also be inquiring to have all the donated information sans names on one webpage to make it easier to see and perhaps replace the link on the siderbar --->

Disclaimer: I volunteer time and money with Give2TheTroops and Operation First Response, they are both an all volunteer organization. All three organizations work together to help the needs of our

Due to the postal guidelines for sending packages overseas, the deadlines are early. Anything past the deadline will still go to a soldier or wounded at Walter Reed.

These items are not listed in any order, hopefully one of them will appeal to each elf. If you have little elves at home, please consider getting their schools involved - even if it's letter writing. Letters from kids bring smiles to the soldiers.

Odee
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement