UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: cdr46 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 17931  
Subject: Re: Auto Insurance Question Date: 8/23/2001 12:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
holly910 writes:

"I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. In a nutshell, my 21 year-old son isn't the best driver in the world. He has a 2000 Mustang that requires collsion insurance"

You have hit a nerve here.

Not to sound rude or condescending, but it's your adult son that has the problem - and you are only exacerbating the problem by enabling him. You might do your son and yourself a big help in picking up a copy of Dr. Laura's new book "Stupid Things Parents Do To Mess Up Their Kids". - or visit her web site @ http://www.drlaura.com/main/

..."He hit a parked 1989 Ford Festiva...I think it's ridiculous to borrow this amount to repair a car that old"

Have you considered that the owner of this "old car" just might have to rely on that car for getting to and from work?

How did it just happen that your son hit a parked car? Was your son speeding? Was he under the influence or was he just not paying attention? Does your son have a job? Does he pay for his own insurance? Does he pay his own car payments?

You should also be most thankful that your son only hit a parked car and not a group of pedestrians.

I'm LOL here, in all due respect, if I am wrong - I apologize in advance, but you come across as just another - "I" and my "progeny" don't have to or don't want to assume self responsibility.

If your son is a reckless driver maybe he needs to be taught a lesson.

In my opinion, reckless drivers need to be dealt with more harshly by our judicial system. At a minimum - if convicted - reckless drivers should lose their drivers license for a period of at least 6 months. If they had to use public transportation or use a bicycle or walk to get where they need to go maybe when they got their driving privilege back they would be a more careful and responsible driver.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement