UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jmcjls Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 88  
Subject: Hollywood remakes Date: 9/9/2005 10:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The only decent Hollywood remake I saw was Hitchcock's The Man Who Knew Too Much. As Hitch himself said, the first film was done by a talented amateur, the second by a master. The two stars in the remake being the most Hollywood thing about it, I suppose.

1934, dir. Hitchcock

1956, dir. Hitchcock

jmc
Print the post Back To Top
Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 78 of 88
Subject: Re: Hollywood remakes Date: 9/11/2005 9:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

Ha ha!

that's great ..

should I just see the '56 version and not bother with the earlier?
or is it worth seeing both?

nl

Author: jmcjls Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 79 of 88
Subject: Re: Hollywood remakes Date: 9/12/2005 2:45 AM
should I just see the '56 version and not bother with the earlier?
or is it worth seeing both?

I think it is worth seeing both. There are a lot of interesting differences.

jmc

Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 80 of 88
Subject: Re: Hollywood remakes Date: 9/18/2005 2:20 AM
I think it is worth seeing both. There are a lot of interesting differences.
jmc

I'll do that .. sounds like fun.

thanks -

nl

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement