Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: seldom958 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 151  
Subject: Holy Smoke!!! Date: 1/10/2013 4:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
SVU up 14% today!

And this is what my Guru said today;

"Through this deal, Cerberus will acquire the most desirable grocery store banners SVU owns, which collectively represent a little less than half of the company’s annual sales. More importantly, these likely
are the most valuable real estate assets SVU owns as well. Additionally while the $4 tender offer represents a 31.6% premium versus the prior day’s closing price, we feel it values the new company too low. Thus, in terms of immediate value, Cerberus is probably getting the better end of the deal.

Yet we believe this is a case where the break-up of a firm benefits both parties involved. As a going concern, SVU’s value is based more on future cash flows than the worth of its asset holdings. The new
company will have annual sales in excess of $17 billion, comprised largely of its Independent Business and Save-A-Lot operations. Not only have these held up better than its Retail Food sales, but they also
carry higher profit margins. The deal also cuts SVU’s total debt burden by roughly half to about $3.1 billion. Our revised analysis based on these new measures values the stock at roughly $5.50—more than
60% above the current price. Therefore, we are maintaining our BUY rating on SVU for now."

So just before closing I bought 2,500 more shares @ $3.47. If SVU does reach $5.50 that'll be a 58% gain. As SVU begins to slowly move up I probably will sell some to lock in some great gains.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement