UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PuddinHead42 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 91  
Subject: Home Away vs VBRO Date: 12/3/2012 8:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone have any experiences with either? Any comparisons? Any anecdotal or rumor data to toss in?

Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LLRinCO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 76 of 91
Subject: Re: Home Away vs VBRO Date: 12/3/2012 9:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have used VRBO (is that what you meant?) several times. It depends on the owner of the property. Most of my experiences were good, one owner took a couple of months to return my deposit. I finally wrote up a review reflecting that before he finally sent it back. At that time the owner could choose not to post bad reviews, but I hear that has changed. If the bad reviews weren't published then how would renters know about the issues?

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77 of 91
Subject: Re: Home Away vs VBRO Date: 12/4/2012 3:49 AM
HomeAway owns most of the VR companies, including VRBO. You will find that the one you use will depend on your location. Check out your competition in each.

A big complaint I have heard is that when a prospective customer emails you for info, HA and VRBO will email your prospective client back suggesting other properties.

All the HA companies are moving towards making you use them as intermediary for communicating with your prospective client. This has been an issue when it comes to vetting prospective customers.

IP

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 78 of 91
Subject: Re: Home Away vs VBRO Date: 12/4/2012 3:56 AM
At that time the owner could choose not to post bad reviews, but I hear that has changed. If the bad reviews weren't published then how would renters know about the issues?

That has changed, as well as other things, like people having to register with an account before they can post reviews, which has made the number of reviews plummet off the cliff. The flip side of not being able to refrain from reviews being posted is that some customers have learned that they can blackmail owners into refunding more than the deposit, or getting their damage deposit back even after doing damage. The HA companies have not been very receptive about working with the homeownes over this, and their only defense is an owner rebuttal to the review.

The industry is getting very messy, IMO.

IP

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 79 of 91
Subject: Re: Home Away vs VBRO Date: 12/4/2012 3:59 AM
PH,

Also consider building your own website. It gives your place credibility and gives you the ability to profile your place more thoroughly.

IP

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement