Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFFire One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86530  
Subject: Home Depot - long post but interesting Date: 6/11/1999 2:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Here is my lastest experience with Home Depot.

I went to them about 1 month ago to get hard wood floors for my kitchen and dining area. I decide to go with the "Pergo" floors. I had heard good things about them and a friend of mine had gotten her's through Home Depot and loved the service and quality.

I set up the measuring appt and the guy came out and took the measurements.. Everything was fine.

THEN.... I get a call from Kevin at Home Depot telling me how much it was going to cost and did I want to continue with the process. I asked to see the itemized list of costs. He faxed me the list and I noticed a $55 delivery charge. (I live 2 miles from Home Depot). I called Kevin back and told him that I would be very happy to just pick up the materials myself instead of having them delivered. He said unfortunatly a few of the materials I needed would have to be specially order and it would take 10 days to receive them (at Home Depot), but once they arrive he would call me to set up a appointment for installation.

I went to Home Depot and picked up the other materials and waiting.... tick, tock, tick, tock... 10 days pass... 11 days pass... 12 days pass... no call. I called Home Depot to find out where this stuff was. (I couldn't set up a installation date until these 2 other parts came in. Now remember right now all this wood has been sitting in the middle of my living room floor for 12 days). They informed me that the parts had been there for 3 days !!! Ok.. that's fine... can we NOW set up a installation time.

The guys came out the other day to do the installation. Well... they were suppose to be there at 9 a.m. They showed up at 11 and then left for lunch and came back at 12. Around 3 I was asked if I could lower my air conditioning because it was hot in the house (77 degress... really hot). Around 6 I was asked if there was "anywere close they could get a drink at?" My thoughts at this time were... Well at 12 when you went across the street to McDonald's.. Did you miss the Giant, Wal-Mart, Gas Station, Burger King, Chinese Resturant? So I very nicly offered them some Diet Sprit (it is all I had). Needless to say later on I found out they (2 people) took about 7 of them !!! Around 8 P.M. I was told that some of the wood (6 pieces) were broken in the box and I would have to purchase another box of the Pergo Floor material to finish the floor. Another $66 bucks. Oh also.... one of the pieces that was specially ordered.. NEVER ARRIVED !!!! They finally left my house at 9 p.m. after cleaning everything up. (well... just removing their stuff.. I can't say it was very clean).

Yesterday I called Home Depot to see about these 6 pieces or "other box" I needed to purchase. (Now I find this next part funny). I told her, Sharron, (Kevin was off) that I WAS NOT going to pay for another box when 6 pieces in one box were broken. She agreed and said that she would have the other box (FREE OF CHARGE) delievered to my house Friday night. I asked her about the one piece that was specially ordered and she said .... (I am not kidding about this next part) She had to use that part for the floor in her house !!!!! BUT that my part would be in on Friday and she would have that delivered with the other box (FREE OF CHARGE). Frankly.. I started laughing.

So needless to say.. they are coming BACK on Saturday to finish the floor. They are suppose to be there at 9 a.m. .... we will see. Also, I just went out and bought more Diet Sprite !!! I don't want them getting thirsty now. :-)

TMF Fire
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement