Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2gifts Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7313  
Subject: home made gift for other crafters? Date: 11/13/2011 7:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The quilting guild pot luck dinner is coming up, and we always do a gift exchange. This year, we can either make something or buy something sewing related. Last year, I had DH make one of those wooden ruler stands, and gave that, but this year, I'm stumped on what to make and am looking for suggestions. It seems that it's harder to make something for someone who could just as easily make it for themselves.

So any suggestions before I just run to Joanne and pick up some sewing notions?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: stellla Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7229 of 7313
Subject: Re: home made gift for other crafters? Date: 11/14/2011 9:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Maybe some cute pin cushions? Would it be outside the idea to put together a how-to tutorial of one of your favorite things (making your own labels, or something?)? Or maybe your own kit with instructions of how to make something (what you do with scrap fabrics, a snowman ornament, a favorite block, etc)?

Author: mzladyjake Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7232 of 7313
Subject: Re: home made gift for other crafters? Date: 11/15/2011 10:13 PM
A friend one time made me a small felt lined tin w/ lid for beading. Comes in very handy and those little beads stay put without slipping and sliding everywhere but on the needle!

LJ

Author: ilovepez Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7236 of 7313
Subject: Re: home made gift for other crafters? Date: 11/18/2011 2:10 PM
Recommendations: 3
The website www.sewmamasew.com is doing its annual handmade holidays, where they gather online tutorials every day in the month of November.

Back on November 6th, the daily theme was a "passion for sewing": http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2011/11/november-6-passion-for-s....

The tutorials included a needlebook, an ornament bag, a travel sewing kit, a dress form pin cushion, and pattern weights.

That page also links to a page from the previous year, showing tutorials for "gifts for crafters": http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2010/11/november-6-gifts-for-cra....

I hope this helps!

- pez

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement