Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: billjohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121335  
Subject: Home office for investing? Date: 4/9/2000 10:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am retired and do not have a business, as such, in my home. However, I support my family with my investments from my home. Can I claim the "home office" deduction?

Thanks, Bill
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hghcpa Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33833 of 121335
Subject: Re: Home office for investing? Date: 4/9/2000 12:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am retired and do not have a business, as such, in my home. However, I support my family with my investments from my home. Can I claim the "home office" deduction?

Thanks, Bill
============

IIRC, the home office deduction is limited to a trade or business that generates/attempts to generate "Self employment" income.

pete

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement