Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My handicapped sister, 55, has been living at the family home alone for six years now. Title for the home is in the Trust our parents set up before they passed away. I am the trustee. My sister must move to an assisted living facility and we plan to sell the house. Can we qualify for the over-55 tax treatment?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.