Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mcgivernk Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Home Sales Gains Exemption for Resident Aliens Date: 2/20/2001 7:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone know if the home sales gains exclusion is available to resident aliens and their spouses (also resident aliens.)

Thanks for any input
Print the post Back To Top
Author: EGUSC Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46861 of 121061
Subject: Re: Home Sales Gains Exemption for Resident Alie Date: 2/21/2001 12:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yes, the home sales gains exclusion can be used by resident aliens, for details and limitations see pub 519.

almost every tax expert believes the deem sale will not work for excluded income. This subject was discussed at three professional seminars and everyone came to the same conclusion that the income must be taxable and some said that high level employees at the IRS has comunicated that it will take this position. Experts have been wrong, and i am all for challenging gray areas but there maybe risks that outway the benefit which is not for years.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement