UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lbyrnes One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308643  
Subject: Homeowner's Insurance Quandry Solved Date: 1/30/2001 3:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
On 1/24 I posted the following:

I bought my first home in Oct '00. My credit was checked, I qualified for the mortgage and obtained insurance, which I prepaid for the year. Last week, I received a letter from the insurance company notifying me that they are dropping my policy as of 2/19 because I am an unsatisfactory credit risk. What's the deal???

Thank you all for your great response. What I found out is this: the insurance company uses their own internal credit scoring formula, not the normal FICO scores. They apparently scored me as a 'borderline' credit risk, and decided to drop me. After many phone calls, I was informed this afternoon that they have decided to reinstate my policy after all. You can fight the system!! Yea!!

Lori
...ready for the next challenge, bring 'em on...
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement