Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 791  
Subject: Hometowns Date: 9/13/2002 11:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17829770&Posted=17829911&pt=r

Not much good for those of us who don't have a childhood hometown!

phantomdiver
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 654 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 9/16/2002 10:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just used California, as I spent 5 years there the first time(Edwards AFB, gotta love the shuttle landings), and after college, 9 years

Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 655 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 9/16/2002 10:19 PM
"soda soda soda

Pop is your Dad" --- Suzanna Wentworth

Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 10/20/2002 8:18 AM
<<<<

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17829770&Posted=17829911&pt=r

Not much good for those of us who don't have a childhood hometown!

phantomdiver >>>>>

I just picked California. As I lost my southern accent there, and spent 5 and then later 9 years there

Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 10/20/2002 8:19 AM
Sorry replied twice......I need sleep......

I'll go back to sulking in the corner

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 659 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 10/20/2002 5:39 PM
I just picked California. As I lost my southern accent there, and spent 5 and then later 9 years there

There's a California accent? I didn't know that. What makes it distinctive?

phantomdiver

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 660 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 10/20/2002 5:41 PM
I'll go back to sulking in the corner

Silly! That's no fun for anybody!

phantomdiver

Author: Dragonshark Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 661 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 10/20/2002 6:56 PM
<<<Silly! That's no fun for anybody!

phantomdiver >>>

oh, fun??

help me out then

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=18019627

Author: ngg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 662 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 10/20/2002 11:16 PM
OMG, is this board finally coming to life again?

I'm another one what can't talk about a home town, unless it's one in Michigan, where I landed 27+ years ago after a military upbringing that left me desperately in need of putting down roots (which I have!).

Sorry, but I can't vote on costumes. Need more information.

;-)
Cori
(Hya PD, long time, no "see"!)

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 663 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 10/22/2002 10:35 AM
Hya PD, long time, no "see"!)

Yo, Cori! Post early and often! ;-)

phantomdiver

Author: TMFMEnnis Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 11/20/2002 12:08 PM
Recommendations: 2
How to tell a military brat? When someone asks, "What's your hometown"
you inhale audibly. Because it's a long story...

The Air Force is my home town. (I went to 4 different high schools in the service of my country!)

Specifically, the Strategic Air Command is my home town.

And THAT's all gone! Damn those Ruskies-- they folded out of spite.

I'm sure I ended up in DC because that's where the orders came from. Like a salmon swimming up the Potomac...

In fact, my condo was built as WWII housing for officers stationed at the Pentagon. It's lots nicer than USAF base housing ever was. And I finally made Field Grade. But I'm still, somehow, on base.

Wild Blue Fool

Author: phantomdiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 676 of 791
Subject: Re: Hometowns Date: 11/20/2002 12:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
How to tell a military brat? When someone asks, "What's your hometown" you inhale audibly. Because it's a long story...

LOL! That's it!

phantomdiver
(oh, pretty much from here, sort of)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement