Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: edyboom223 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 77  
Subject: Re: What would you want? Date: 3/13/2011 1:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Honestly, I enjoy the rising star portfolios. However, I don't feel that it's advertised well, so many of the boards are not very active. Perhaps there should be a link on the Fool's homepage that is very noticeable and draws peoples' attention. People aren't going to answer to your questions if they aren't even aware of questions being asked.

What would I want, I am not sure. Companies with big upside and seemingly little downside are always compelling. This article from Andy on ROIC was very interesting to me, and it told a great story.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/11/01/why-im-buyi...

If you can find stories of your own like this and draw attention to them, I think more people will give you credit. I've read your comments on discussion boards in the past (not this one) and have always found you to be informative and knowledgeable. Other people, however, may not be aware of this...yet?!

Edyboom

P.S. While I do enjoy alternative viewpoints on discussion boards, there's one thing that I don't like. I've seen other people with their rising star's portfolio asking questions like "what do you think" without stating their own viewpoint first. I don't like that. I want to hear what you have to say first. You tell me what you think about a company first. Then, I can combine your knowledge on the stock with my own ideas and ask reasonable questions. Tell me your thoughts and then invite questions. Don't ask me to research a stock and teach you about it. I want to learn. I don't want to be thrown into the internet and be surrounded with so much information that I don't even know where to start.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement