UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757803  
Subject: Honey, I shrunk the economy Date: 11/19/2012 7:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 21
Investment Falls Off a Cliff

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788732459590457812...

U.S. companies are scaling back investment plans at the fastest pace since the recession, signaling more trouble for the economic recovery. Sudeep Reddy reports on Markets Hub. Photo: AP.

Half of the nation's 40 biggest publicly traded corporate spenders have announced plans to curtail capital expenditures this year or next, according to a review by The Wall Street Journal of securities filings and conference calls.

Nationwide, business investment in equipment and software — a measure of economic vitality in the corporate sector — stalled in the third quarter for the first time since early 2009. Corporate investment in new buildings has declined.

Another $5.5 trillion in debt ought to get things going again.

--fleg
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656028 of 757803
Subject: Re: Honey, I shrunk the economy Date: 11/19/2012 7:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Friggin' Bush

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656038 of 757803
Subject: Re: Honey, I shrunk the economy Date: 11/19/2012 7:50 PM
Recommendations: 3
Investment Falls Off a Cliff

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788732459590457812......

U.S. companies are scaling back investment plans at the fastest pace since the recession, signaling more trouble for the economic recovery. Sudeep Reddy reports on Markets Hub. Photo: AP.

This would be the perfect time to take Stephen Greene's advice:

"You’ve already been pwned, and it’s too late to un-pwn yourself even if such a thing were possible. Which it isn’t. Now it’s time to try something new. Let’s call it: Give them what they want.

I’ll repeat: Give President Obama and the Democrats the tax hikes they demand, and which most polls show the American public accepts."

http://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2012/11/19/an-open-letter-18/...

Republicans shouldn't introduce any new legislation. They should just vote for Democratic legislation and watch the economy crater.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656052 of 757803
Subject: Re: Honey, I shrunk the economy Date: 11/19/2012 10:42 PM
Recommendations: 0
Republicans shouldn't introduce any new legislation. They should just vote for Democratic legislation and watch the economy crater.

I disagree; they should introduce new legislation, and watch it die to Democrat obstructionism.

And they should not vote FOR Democrat legislation; they should vote "Present".

(What happens in the House if the vote is say 200 votes "for" and 235 votes "present"?)

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656062 of 757803
Subject: Re: Honey, I shrunk the economy Date: 11/19/2012 11:10 PM
Recommendations: 1

I disagree; they should introduce new legislation, and watch it die to Democrat obstructionism.

And they should not vote FOR Democrat legislation; they should vote "Present".

(What happens in the House if the vote is say 200 votes "for" and 235 votes "present"?)

I don't quite understand how that works, but if they can just vote "Present" and let the Democrats vote it into law, that would be preferable. The key is to not stand in the way of Democrats destroying the economy.

Author: olRoger One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 656148 of 757803
Subject: Re: Honey, I shrunk the economy Date: 11/20/2012 2:41 PM
Recommendations: 0
In Roosevelt era this was call capital going on strike.

o R

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement