Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AHOLLYS Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121572  
Subject: Hope Credits Date: 3/4/2001 11:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello there,

Can someone in a short post give me an over view of the Hope credit. I wan to go back to school full time in the Fall and want to know If I can use this. I will be attenting A state community college, I am 24 married, not living with parents.

I started to read about this...and I am just not getting it. I find that if somebody start to explain the IRS book start to make sence thenI can figure out the details.

HOLLY
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BigBunkler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47675 of 121572
Subject: Re: Hope Credits Date: 3/5/2001 3:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Can someone in a short post give me an over view of the Hope credit. I wan to go back to school full time in the Fall and want to know If I can use this. I will be attenting A state community college, I am 24 married, not living with parents.
=== === ===
Per p. 234 of IRS Publication 17, you must meet all of the following requirements to claim the Hope credit for an eligible student:
1) Did not have expenses that were used to figure a Hope credit in any two earlier years.
2) Had not completed the first two years of postsecondary education (generally, the freshman and sophomore years).
3) Was enrolled at least half-time in a program that leads to a degree, certificate, or other recognized educational credential, for at least one academic period in the tax year.
4) Was free of any federal or state felony conviction for possessing or distributing a controlled substance as of the end of the tax year.

HTH
--BigBunk

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement