Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: fenway78 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8  
Subject: Re: Just a thought ... Date: 11/13/2003 5:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hope your planning is going well. Seeing blending as a deliberate process instead of something that "just happens" is a great first step!

Thanks, cm. We have indeed been very deliberate in the steps we've taken with regard to the kids. Knowing that our children are priorities in our lives is one of the things that attracted us to each other in the first place. This will be a second marriage for both of us and we both want it to work for all our sakes. We're old enough to know that you have to work at these things and it's wonderful to be with someone who is willing to work together and who shares my views on kids, family, and being partners in the process of life. I'm very thankful that we have such a solid start.

We have four children between the two of us ... my son is 17, my two daughters are 14 & 8, and his son is 5 years old. My children really like their future stepdad and are very happy about our upcoming marriage. His son seems to have accepted me and wants me to help take care of him. The kids get along well but, being realistic, things will not always go smoothly. We're not all living under the same roof yet! ;-)

Well, there's lots more to share and I will do so over time. Looking forward to hearing more from others.

Fen
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement