UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 16442  
Subject: Hotlinking Date: 7/15/2012 2:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
This week I discovered someone hotlinking my images. When it's a low traffic web page, I don't care. But this guy was using it as his avatar on a forum with quite a bit of traffic which did bother me. I had to implement HotLink Protection. I wrote an article about it:

http://softwaretimes.com/files/hot+linking.html

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post Back To Top
Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16293 of 16442
Subject: Re: Hotlinking Date: 7/15/2012 9:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I had a similar issue several years ago and replaced the original pic* with another, more appropriate pic for a "shmuck." :-)

Bill

*the original pic didn't even belong to me, but I at least asked permission to use it first and then uploaded a copy to my web site

Author: TMFSpeck Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16330 of 16442
Subject: Re: Hotlinking Date: 8/17/2012 2:35 PM
Recommendations: 1
I had a similar issue several years ago and replaced the original pic* with another, more appropriate pic for a "shmuck." :-)

You can also replace the file with a redirect to, well, anything ;-)

Speck

Author: blford Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16331 of 16442
Subject: Re: Hotlinking Date: 8/17/2012 5:52 PM
Recommendations: 0
You can also replace the file with a redirect to, well, anything...

Dunno why I never thought of that, but now that it's been brought to my attention I'll be sure to use it, soon. :-)

Bill

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement