Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: glazo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121452  
Subject: House in other country Date: 3/15/2001 12:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am thinking to buy this year a house in Mexico getting a loan from a company in US (which is suppose to be the "unique") I havent ask this guys but am i suppose to receive a form 1098 at the end of the year? and be able to deduct points and interest for this home as my "second home", is there any special problem for the fact that is outside the US?
Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48480 of 121452
Subject: Re: House in other country Date: 3/15/2001 4:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I am thinking to buy this year a house in Mexico getting a loan from a company in US (which is suppose to be the "unique") I havent ask this guys but am i suppose to receive a form 1098 at the end of the year? and be able to deduct points and interest for this home as my "second home", is there any special problem for the fact that is outside the US?

No special problems. Remember that you have to amortize points for other than your principal residence.

Phil Marti
VITA Volunteer

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement