UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744751  
Subject: House of Blues Date: 5/4/2001 8:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
One of my part-time consulting trips took me to Chicago this week. Last night, I went to The House Of Blues. The music was absolutely great. If any of you folks find yourself in Chicago with a free evening on your hands, you might want to check this place out. Who says you can't have a little fun while earning a little extra spending money.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 1HappyFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37610 of 744751
Subject: Re: House of Blues Date: 5/5/2001 3:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
One of my part-time consulting trips took me to Chicago this week. Last night, I went to The House Of Blues. The music was absolutely great. If any of you folks find yourself in Chicago with a free evening on your hands, you might want to check this place out. Who says you can't have a little fun while earning a little extra spending money.

Chicago has some really great blues places. Of course, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I wouldn't think the House of Blues would be the best Chicago has to offer. It's kind of the equivalent of a chain restaurant, like Planet Hollywood or the Hard Rock Cafe. They're good and maybe even great, but usually so crowded and so focused on show that the atmosphere is less than the best. Try Kingston Mines the next time you go. Or do what we did; ask a cabby to take you to the bluesiest, not the best, the bluesiest blues place in the city.

1HappyFool

Author: golfwaymore Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37653 of 744751
Subject: Re: House of Blues Date: 5/6/2001 2:36 AM
Recommendations: 1
Chicago has some really great blues places. Of course, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I wouldn't think the House of Blues would be the best Chicago has to offer.

I found the best blues bands on Rush St in Chicago, though no names spring to mind.

If ever in Atlanta, check Blind Willie's, if it's still standing! If you visit, you may be one of the few white patrons there; which is pre-requisite for a great blues bar, IMHO.

Golfwaymore

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement