Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: carolz Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121566  
Subject: House Sale Date: 2/3/1999 12:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I see the tax changes on taxes on proceeds from the sale of a home. What if the home is sold at a loss. Is this loss deductible?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: gp703 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9433 of 121566
Subject: Re: House Sale Date: 2/3/1999 12:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
<I see the tax changes on taxes on proceeds from the sale of a home. What if the home is sold at a loss. Is this loss deductible? >

No.

GP

Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9551 of 121566
Subject: Re: House Sale Date: 2/5/1999 12:24 PM
[[I see the tax changes on taxes on proceeds from the sale of a home. What if the
home is sold at a loss. Is this loss deductible?]]

Sorry...losses on the sale of a personal residence are personal in nature...and therefore not deductible.

TMF Taxes
Roy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement