Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1294  
Subject: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 3:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Since everyone seems to think this board has gone to "sleep with the fishes", how bout we have a virtual party. No special reason needed to party, right? Let's see, we need music, beer, food, more beer, I think we got everything.

YooHoo....Um, Terry, you think you could get your butt over here and give me a hand. I could use some help drinking er, I mean passing out the Guinness.

Donna
Print the post Back To Top
Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 235 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 3:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey, can someone help me with these kegs? I brought some Harp (for makin half-n-half's) and some Cider. And there's some cases of Abita in the car...

Kaiti
*now where's that food?*

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 236 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 3:59 PM
Kaiti,

See that table across from the DJ booth, for now we got some nachos with a great chili dip and some assorted chips. I'm going to run back out to get the buffalo wings and jalepeno poppers. Anyone else want something in particular while I'm out?

Donna
speak now or eat whatever I bring back!
*grin*

Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 237 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 4:15 PM
King cake and pumpkin pie!

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 238 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 4:39 PM
Will do....anything else?

Donna

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 240 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 4:53 PM
Since everyone seems to think this board has gone to "sleep with the fishes", how bout we have a virtual party. No special reason needed to party, right? Let's see, we need music, beer, food, more beer, I think we got everything.

You're correct... virtually no reason is needed for a virtual party! I think your list pretty well covers everything, too!

YooHoo....Um, Terry, you think you could get your butt over here and give me a hand. I could use some help drinking er, I mean passing out the Guinness.

See, Donna, the trick is handing out the Guinness properly. It goes like this:

One for you, one for me.
Two for you, one, two for me.
Three for you, one, two, three for me.

-Terry
Who will be passing out if he drinks the Guinness like that

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 241 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 4:56 PM
Hey, can someone help me with these kegs? I brought some Harp (for makin half-n-half's) and some Cider. And there's some cases of Abita in the car...

Awesome! It's a little known fact that cider and Guinness go very well together!

*now where's that food?*

Anyone for nachos?

-Terry

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 242 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 4:59 PM
See that table across from the DJ booth, for now we got some nachos with a great chili dip and some assorted chips. I'm going to run back out to get the buffalo wings and jalepeno poppers. Anyone else want somthing in particular while I'm out?

That works for me! The only thing I might add is some Bruchetta. I know some people like that too.

-Terry

Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 243 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 5:07 PM

Awesome! It's a little known fact that cider and Guinness go very well together!

Two words: Snake Bite.

Kaiti

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 244 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 5:07 PM
Okay, I've stopped in, but I'm not serving anything!

And the first one to mention "French Maid Uniform" gets it! Pow!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 245 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2001 6:53 PM

French Maid Uniform

Deannda
GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 246 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:43 AM
Two words: Snake Bite.

It has a name?!?! Cool!

-Terry
I just called it good.

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 247 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:45 AM
Okay, I've stopped in, but I'm not serving anything!

Actually, I believe you just did.

And, if I recall correctly, Donna and I will be doing the serving (right Donna?). It's your turn to just sit back and enjoy.

-Terry

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 248 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:46 AM
So,

What's everyone having to drink?

-Terry

Author: Eugeneous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 249 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 2:51 AM
Anyone else want something in particular while I'm out?

Donna
speak now or eat whatever I bring back!

How about some smoked clams? I brought the smoked oysters!

Eugene
smoked oyster on Ritz, yummm!

Author: Eugeneous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 250 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 2:52 AM
What's everyone having to drink?

-Terry

Gimme a beer.

Oh what kind?

ummm er root

Eugene

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 251 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 9:30 AM
And, if I recall correctly, Donna and I will be doing the serving (right Donna?).

Oh yeah that's right.

Pssst...I think we need to make another run. I just finished the last of the drinks.

Donna
feeling pretty darn good right about now :-)

Author: BAMartin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 252 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 9:55 AM
Good morning all, I am always in the mood for a good party. When does the music start?

Barbara

Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 253 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 10:31 AM
It has a name?!?! Cool!

:-)

Kaiti
*this is what comes of spending too much time in pubs*

Author: BAMartin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 254 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 10:34 AM

.... or working as a bartender in the past.

Barbara

Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 255 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 10:42 AM

Haven't done that, but it's starting to sound like a good idea. Getting tired of sitting at a desk all day. ;-)

Problem: Staying sober enough to DO the job. ;-)

Kaiti

Author: BAMartin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 256 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 10:49 AM
Problem: Staying sober enough to DO the job. ;-)

Yes, that can be a problem. I was in college when I worked as a bartender, and I just considered that one of the perks of the job.

Barbara

Author: BobSch Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 257 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 11:06 AM
You mean the party's still goin' on?

Bob
...been a looong time since I puled an all-nighter.

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 258 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:44 PM
Gimme a beer.

Oh what kind?

ummm er root

Ut-oh.

Looks like I need to make a quick run to the store.

-Terry

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:46 PM
Oh yeah that's right.

Pssst...I think we need to make another run. I just finished the last of the drinks.

Well, just the ones I didn't drink. You know how I am with Guinness, after all.

I just called a cab so I can pick up more beer (and root beer for those so inclined). I really should't be driving right now.

Donna
feeling pretty darn good right about now :-)

Right there with ya!
-Terry

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:48 PM
Good morning all, I am always in the mood for a good party. When does the music start?

I'm starting it up now.... any requests?

-Terry

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 261 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:52 PM

Good point!

At the bar I go to, we just tried it once to see if it would work. Also, try a Cider Sam sometime.

-Terry

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 262 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:53 PM

Barbara

Barb,

Don't you know there's no easier way to spoil your evening than admitting you know how to bartend?

-Terry
Wanna give me a hand with these drinks?

Author: BAMartin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 263 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:56 PM
Wanna give me a hand with these drinks?

Be happy to help..... and how about some lively music?

Barbara

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 264 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 12:59 PM
You mean the party's still goin' on?

Bob
...been a looong time since I puled an all-nighter.

Of course!

We jugglers party hard, ya know.

-Terry

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 265 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/16/2001 1:01 PM
Be happy to help..... and how about some lively music?

You have anything in mind?

-Terry
...who would be posting faster if it weren't for the lamb.

Author: Eugeneous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 305 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/17/2001 8:08 PM
any requests?

-Terry

got any Chieftans?

Eugene

Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 306 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/17/2001 8:31 PM
got any Chieftans?

But of course!

-Terry
Loves Celtic music

Author: Eugeneous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 312 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/20/2001 12:59 AM
got any Chieftans?

But of course!

Terry
Loves Celtic music

I have their release 'Another Country' and love it! I just recently bought the CD 'at home' by Cherish the Ladies. It is a great one. We may go see them Oct. 28 in Rockford. I also like a group called Seelie Court which is from Milwaukee. Their site is http://www.ilevel.net/seelie-court/main.htm I also like Wylde Nept at http://www.wyldenept.com/about.html I have downloaded their MP3's from http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/10/wylde_nept.html and love their sound. It is a seven piece band.

Eugene

Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 313 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/20/2001 2:26 AM
Try the Poor Clares sometime, or Clandestine. Or Andy M. Stewart. All very good. :-)

Author: PineLevel Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1286 of 1294
Subject: Re: How about a party? Date: 10/15/2005 7:42 PM

Hey look who just arrived -

Kate Rusby, playing songs from her new
recording "The Girl Who Couldn't Fly"

http://www.folkalley.com/support/drive/rusby/

Great!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement