Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
How about "Other Income" line 21 on form 1040? But read the instructions for this line.

No. The OP has a 2017 1099-R. He doesn't need to 'dummy' one up. It needs to be accounted for as a 1099-R on line 15. 15A would show $22 and 15B would show $2. If the OP doesn't show the 1099-R that was received on the tax form, he's likely to get a question from the IRS - although it may get by because it's so small.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.