Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
How are you paid by the hospital where you moonlight? Are you on their payroll? If you get a W2 (as opposed to a 1099-MISC, for instance) from them, you are merely their employee and therefore your income is treated the same as your regular job. And as such your expenses that relate to that job are not deductible as profit/loss on a Schedule C. Part-time/full-time makes no difference. Schedule C is only for when you are in business for yourself, not for when you are an employee.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.