No. of Recommendations: 0
I gotta say that I'm getting discouraged about this whole investing thing from Japan.

I seems as though one can't invest in their own retirement from Japan as a Canadian expat:-?

I have contacted virtually every broker I can find and so far I haven't found a single one who can say yes to this question.

As a Canadian expat resident in Japan:

Can I get a tax deferred or tax exempt DRP account?

I want to invest for retirement. I will likely become a permanent resident in Japan. I DO NOT speak or read Japanese well enough to do this in Japan ( realistically for at least for the next 5 years ).

I'm 45 and I have the bulk of my retirement savings being professionally managed, but I would really like to take a small amount of my savings and grow it myself through what I'm learning here.

I looked at the Fool funds, no good, I'm not American.

Is there ANY LEGAL ( not fraudulently claiming to be in Canada / a Canadian resident ) method or brokerage through which I can properly take advantage of the information here?

I would really appreciate any advice as to how I can do that.

Thanks in advance,
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.