Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm non-resident for tax purposes in the UK and the US (being based in Asia), but want to buy shares of companies listed on the various stock markets in these countries. Any suggestions as to how this could be done? My supposedly offshore bank only offers share-buying services to individuals resident in the US or EU (presumably for tax legislation reasons).


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.