UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (60) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 176764  
Subject: Re: Remember???? Date: 7/27/2005 5:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 153
How can one tarnish what is already tarnished?

That's so true.

That's why I never bring up the subject of how Newt Gingrich walked into his wife's hospital room with a yellow lined pad and announced that he was divorcing her, and proceeded to demand they divvy up the property then and there.

It's also why I don't bother to bring up Henry Hyde, pontificating from the floor of Congress about how scummy Clinton was for having an affair, even though he admitted having a one himself just a few years earlier. Likewise with Dan Burton, who called Clinton a "scumbag" because he'd cheated on his wife. Oops, Dan Burton fathered a child out of wedlock and then denied it. Why that's almost as bad as that noted Republican Senator Strom Thurmond, who comes in first only because of his happily racist views during the time when he was stroking the house maid.

But how could I end this list there?

There are so many Republicans that should be on the same list, who you can't tarnish because they're already tarnished. Why, there's good old Bob Livingston, who had to resign because he was outed by that true scumbag Larry Flynt. Livingston's quote? "During my 33-year marriage to my wife, Bonnie, I have on occasion strayed from my marriage ... " Cool, huh?

And in case anybody doesn't remember it and wonders why it's not brought up, that "you can't tarnish the already tarnished", I offer Bob Barr, that rabid anti-abortion Republican who, as it turns out, paid for an abortion by his first wife and had an affair with his second while he was still married to his first.

I'm sure I could find an equally strong list of hypocrites in Congress right now, starting, probably, with Rick Santorum, who rails endlessly about issues near and dear to the lunatic right, but turns out to avoid his taxes and have his hand in the public pocket all at the same time.

Well, the list is nearly endless, but yeah, let's talk about Ted Kennedy. He's fat and he was in an accident that killed a girl (and remember, Laura Bush isn't fat, so it's different), so let's keep bringing it up and bringing it up, all the better to distract from the actual hypocrisy of all politicians, and in particular, of the crop of Republicans who pretend to be oh-so-moral.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (60) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement