No. of Recommendations: 2
How dare he express his religious views, while cleverly keeping them out of the scientific aspects.

I think the whole university should be shut down.

When you do righteous indignation, you do it right.

If he's having incidental conversations with students, that's part of an education. I'd hate for my kid to have a super cool teacher who didn't share while he/she taught.

But there is a line somewhere. I don't have enough info to know if this guy crossed it or not.

A similar situation that is much more clear cut, my daughter had a new prof last year who was clearly very prejudice. If you weren't a white heterosexual, you were going to feel very uncomfortable in his class, and if you were and were raised right, you didn't feel too good either. The line was crossed.

I was kind of sort of miffed that the entire university wasn't shut down over the incident, but I'm only capable of tepid indignation.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement