Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58667  
Subject: How Did You Do? Date: 11/1/2012 2:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Halloween is finally gone. We got a grand total of 4 trick or treaters. I have a huge bowl of candy left over which was split between DD#2 and DS. I am proud to say:

I.Did.Not.Eat.A.Single.Piece.

The satisfaction of going to bed without any kind of sugar rush was fantastic!

Now we're getting ready to brace ourselves against the food onslaught that is Thanksgiving.

Happy Holidays, Y'all!

LWW
Print the post Back To Top
Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57361 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/1/2012 2:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I.Did.Not.Eat.A.Single.Piece.

Me neither....not even tempted. I did eat some honey nut chex cereal bars I had made before Hurricane Sandy hit just in case I lost power and couldn't cook, reheat, etc. D@mn now I'm gonna be addicted to those. I account for the calories, so it's not cheating in my book. Let's see honey, peanut butter, peanuts, honey nut chex (which is gluten-free)...what's not to like?

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57362 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/1/2012 10:41 PM
Let's see honey, peanut butter, peanuts, honey nut chex (which is gluten-free)...what's not to like?

Well, for me, the only thing I can eat on that list is the honey ;0)

LWW

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57363 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/2/2012 4:11 PM
Not quite as good as you did.

The candy packages seemed smaller. Maybe, it was the selection I bought.

Around 20-25 trick or treaters

Took most of the rest of the candy to work.

I am surprised that I am the only one who brought candy to work.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57364 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/2/2012 5:44 PM
I am surprised that I am the only one who brought candy to work.

Did other people run out, or just choose to keep the leftovers at home in easy reach?

I was pretty bummed by the small turnout. The new neighbors brought their little boy and a few other small kids came by, but the kids we know the best didn't make it down at all. Not sure if they chose to go to the sorority houses down the block, or if they just decided they're too old for that sort of stuff now.

LWW

Author: PaintItBlue Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57365 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/3/2012 1:58 PM
How did I do? Fair to middling. It was cold the day we had trick or treating. Bought 3 bags of candy - two was not enough some years - and had very few children show up.
I'm left with little Twix bars and little Hershey chocolate bars. One bag of Hershey bars is in the freezer. The rest, in a plastic bowl on top of the fridge. Not pigging out, but not sticking to one a day, either. More like 2 or 3 Twix, which are on top. For me, it's easier with the Hershey bars (more satisfying.)

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57366 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/3/2012 8:58 PM
Well, as long as you don't eat a whole bag in a day, I'd say it's a win.

LWW

Author: Patzer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57367 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/5/2012 11:44 AM
Recommendations: 1
Bought a small bag of Milk Duds to hand out. Had no trick or treaters. Have had one fun size box of Milk Duds per day since Halloween, worked into my daily nutrition plan. Intend to continue that till they're gone.

Check in: Maintaining today at 162, staying pretty consistently in the 160-163 range since May or so. Have to periodically adjust how much I eat in response to changes in how active I am.

Patzer

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57368 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/5/2012 2:24 PM
Bought a small bag of Milk Duds to hand out. Had no trick or treaters.

Patzer--the reason you didn't have trick-or-treaters is because you need to be handing out Snickers, Milky Way, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! You know 'the really good stuff'. Trust me, word gets around the neighborhood as to whose house has the stash. We don't even know anyone with kids, but they show up in droves every year on Halloween. Now, me, I love milk duds. I could consume an entire milk box-sized carton myself. But I think the kiddies like the more decadent candy.

Great news that you're maintaining. I still haven't eaten any leftover candy. Really not tempted (yet).

Author: Patzer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57369 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/5/2012 2:53 PM
Patzer--the reason you didn't have trick-or-treaters is because you need to be handing out Snickers, Milky Way, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

No, the reason I didn't have any is because my house is kind of out of the way, on a street with no sidewalks that's kind of moderately a through street, with houses only on one side, and no kids on the street within shouting distance. That, plus a little bit of less than ideal weather means none. On years with good weather, I'll get 2 to 6 kids.

I could consume an entire milk box-sized carton myself. But I think the kiddies like the more decadent candy.

I like it all. So I have to be sure to buy something that I will eat in moderation over time, because I *will* have leftovers. Either that, or it has to go to work to be left in the snack cube.

I still haven't eaten any leftover candy. Really not tempted (yet).

Small quantities of candy are part of my plan. The Milk Duds are a seasonal variation from my usual Dum Dum pops. Thought about handing out the Dum Dums, but decided I wanted the leftover Milk Duds. One box per day, for however many days that is.

Patzer

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57370 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/11/2012 9:01 PM
We gave away all but a handful of smarties, but the elf brought his stash home and promptly handed over the Snickers (he doesn't like them)

had a couple.

the hard part was the elf's birthday dessert this week -
REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups 1pound (two individual 8oz cups)

A whole pound of peanut butter and chocolate nirvana in two giant-sized cups. Incorporate them into your strength training regimen.

peace & swoon
t

have one holiday event (Nov 16) and then, really No other food/holiday related obligations AT ALL through the end of the year.
and i don;t work in an office where people bring in food.

this should be easy-by-comparison-until-the Tom & Jerry's-begin...

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57371 of 58667
Subject: Re: How Did You Do? Date: 11/12/2012 9:39 AM
Recommendations: 1
A whole pound of peanut butter and chocolate nirvana in two giant-sized cups. Incorporate them into your strength training regimen.

"just hand over the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and no one will get hurt...."

have one holiday event (Nov 16) and then, really No other food/holiday related obligations AT ALL through the end of the year.

Let's see--I have three mandatory eating events at the relatives where no one (including me) will be worrying about calories or anything else--Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Dinner, Christmas Dinner.....sooo.....

I think the critical thing is to observe the holiday and don't turn it into a holiweek or worse, a holimonth--which I've done--many times....

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement