Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: kook79 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19483  
Subject: How Do I Balance My Risk? Date: 1/7/2008 9:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I usually post to the consumer debt board, but am wanting to start 2008 understanding my ROTH IRA, and employer ROTH 401(k) and ECAP. I want to diversify my retirement portfolio some, but am unsure how to do so. Here is what I have.

$32,000 in ROTH IRA (mine) - TEPLX Templeton Growth Fund(currently not paying any fees until my contributions reach $60,000, currently contributed around $15,000)

$4,000 in ROTH IRA (wife) - VEIEX Vanguard Emerging Market Fund (no.low fees)

$9,000 in employer 401(k) - Europacific Fund (employer pays fees)

$4,000 in ROTH 401(k) - Europacific Fund (employer pays fees)

As you can see, I am very heavy in global, and want to diversify. My first act would be to take my $32,000 and split it up into an energy fund. How do I go around doing this? Would I have a tax implication by moving stuff around? I want to be able to look at my retirement funds as one big picture instead of so many individual things.

As I split things up, can I still call my ROTH IRA a ROTH IRA, or does it still all have to be in one fund in order to call it a ROTH IRA? Keep in mind I'm 28 years old as is my wife and we want to make sure we continue getting good growth out of our funds and have the correct funds with the right tax implications in place.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement