Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am on H1 visa in US. Me and my wife make approx 125,000 a year.

I do not own a house but stay in a apt and pay a monthly rent.

Both of us drive to work from home which is approx 10 miles.

medical insurance premium is deducted from the salary as pre tax

What all can I take in deduction to lower my taxes ?
can I claim gas milegae driven to work
can i claim parking amount paid as deduction
can I claim auto inurance,dental insurance in a way s deductions

thks in advance
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.