UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFBomb Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: How do I make a redirect page? Date: 7/2/2008 2:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hey TMFMoby,

Can you crack Foolish about how to create a redirect page? For example, say I wanted to redirect "SEC" to "Securities and Exchange Commission." Also, what does the "Move" function on the left nav do for Flossers? And how does disambiguation work in the Flossary?

Thanks,
A
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFCHarris Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39 of 597
Subject: Re: How do I make a redirect page? Date: 7/2/2008 2:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'd also like to know how I can create pages that solely redirect i.e. searchers who are looking for "Oracle of Omaha" get sent directly to Buffett's page.

Author: TMFMoby Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44 of 597
Subject: Re: How do I make a redirect page? Date: 7/2/2008 4:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
Fools: Just add this to the very top of the page you want to redirect from:
#REDIRECT [[page you want to redirect to]]

Make sure the case is correct on the redirect-to link.

Jeremy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement