UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dsemmler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75539  
Subject: Re: IRA Date: 1/9/2004 6:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
How do you chose a company to invest your IRA? Should you invest your IRA money with more then one company? Will one company make you alot more money than another? I need advise.

When I was trying to make that decision, I came here and asked for people's opinions and did some online research. From the feedback I received and the research that I did, I opted to invest in index funds within my IRA accounts. Given that, two of the more popular choices were Vanguard and TIAA-CREF.

Both of those fund families seem to have some of the lowest expenses around and offered the funds that I was looking for. Between the two, I opted to invest in Vanguard. The one decision remaining to be made was where to open my account.

One option was directly with Vanguard. Another popular option was Scottrade. Personally, I opted to open my account directly with Vanguard. My reasoning was that I do not plan to stray from their family of funds within this account and therefore felt more comfortable having my account with them directly. If you ever plan to add stocks or funds from other fund families, you may be better suited with an account at Scottrade or another brokerage.

I am not quite sure if you are asking where to open your account or what funds to invest in within your account. But a good starting point would be to investigate the funds of Vanguard and TIAA-CREF for fund choices and then add Scottrade as a possible place to open your account.

dt
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement