Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
How have you been reporting the taxes from previous years, or is this your first year? If you have been doing this for more than 1 year, you should have been filing club taxes, although each member actually reports the information on their own return. If this is your first tax year and you actually formed and dissolved the club all in the same year, it's not that different from what you would have normally filed anyhow.

I just put it in another response, but I'll put it again here. I would get the NAIC information and particularly the article that is published annually in their Better Investing magazine on doing the club's taxes. They give step-by-step and line-by-line instructions that are very easy to follow. I would go that route if I were in your shoes, but then I've been doing club taxes for almost 20 years, and I still need to refresh myself every year to make sure I don't forget anything.

If you want more help, you can send me some mail.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.