UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: ems79 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308394  
Subject: Re: Hello There! Date: 12/4/2012 5:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
How is everyone else doing?

I'm free of credit card debt. The only loans I have are on my car (under $5K) and my home (and I have about 22% equity based on other houses sold in the area).

My fiance and I split a year ago next month... a year or so before that (when things were happy and we were looking at flowers and venues), we choose (and I bought) a home we could grow a family into in a nice suburb with good schools ... Now I'd like to sell it because emotionally I don't want to be there, and financially it's a heavy burden to carry when I don't need that space. I won't get back what I put in to it because many of the improvements were for livability and long term savings (like windows, doors, insulation, etc)...

My company is planning lay offs which have me nervous. If I lose my job before selling the house it will put me into a bad position, I'd need to find a similar paying job within ~6 months or I'd be in trouble, though I'm not counting unemployment.

I just paid all the up front insurance/service costs for heating oil deliveries ($400)... my new ceiling price ($4.00/G) for delivery means that it turns out that I've been under-saving for it over the past year, so if I need more than 600G this season (which is possible) I will come up short--not a big deal, but I like I staying in budget.

The car needs a timing belt soon.

I gained 5lbs in the past month too, which puts me about 20-25lbs overweight :-/ ... You'd think that would mean I could spend less on food, but it's quite the opposite :-D
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Not Cheering the Shire Deal
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement