No. of Recommendations: 0
How is your home office decorated?

My office at work is dull. Black computer, black counter, gray walls for the cubicle, black stapler. You get the idea. By adding some splashes of color I was able to take my desk from "my little daytime prison" to "tolerable". It may be you need to stop decluttering and look around with a design eye. Maybe it's time to frame some great photos and put them on the wall, buy some cute desk accessories like a purple tape dispenser, get a full spectrum desk lamp, etc. Maybe some curtains for the windows. A big comfy chair & footrest.

Do you have an iPod dock or stereo in your office?

Lara Amber,

I have a couple of pictures up, one of my hubby, and one of Nate, a shelf with all my little 'altar' stuff on it, and a couple of little trinkets that mean something to me from my childhood or travels. It is a tiny little room-maybe 9'x10' and has shelving along both its real walls. The third wall has two windows, and the fourth wall is banister (it is a loft space). No door, either. I do plan to make some curtains to cover the shelving that I can see from my desk, and I think that will help me enjoy the space more.

There are sitters on the windows, so no need for curtains, and I think it would make me feel too enclosed in that little space. Definitely no room for a comfy chair and footrest, though that would be lovely!

I do have an iPod dock in my office, and using it is great! I also have a 13" color tv and a dvr in there, so I do have access to that, too.

I do think I need to spruce it up a little somehow. It feels too much like 'work' in there, and while it IS my home office, it is also my studio and creative space, so I need to love being in there!

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to give this some more thought....

Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.