Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Gohigher Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 481  
Subject: How long is too long Date: 4/4/2012 3:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I bought AA last year at the towards the top ($16).Will we ever see these numbers again>?
Clean up or hang on>?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 383 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 4/4/2012 3:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
LTBH is usually considered 3 to 5 years. I bought about 18 months ago and intend to hold for a bit longer. In the meantime it does pay a small dividend if we get a turnaround in the economy it should pay off.

James

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 385 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 4/11/2012 3:21 PM
I buy Alcoa(AA) from time-to-time; only when the shares trade for < $7.99 per share.

Kahuna, CFA
Investment Professional
1974 - Present

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 386 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 4/16/2012 3:14 PM
Noted but I don't that price any longer on the horizon. AA has delivered and is well focused!

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 387 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 5/1/2012 9:59 PM
All industrial companies, especially the metals and mining companies are very, very cyclical. For the Current Bull Market cycle the low for Alcoa is way, way behind the company's progress and recovery stage of the company's earnins cycle.

Alcoa(AA) is likely to remain a good stock to hold for the rest of the current Bull Market and Economic cycle. The next Recession is not likely in the US until beyond 2013 or so. The years 2012 and even 2013 should be fair and positive for the market for US stocks.

Kahuna, CFA
Investment Professional
1974 - Present

Author: SubGuy One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 389 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 5/1/2012 11:22 PM
Recommendations: 1
Understand kahuna sometimes lives in an alternate reality, but his investment advice is actually pretty good. IIRC, he called the recession and housing bust when things were still flying high. If I had listened to his advice back then, I would be much better off today.

SubGuy

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 390 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 6/15/2012 11:59 AM
Recommendations: 1
AA has absorbed the pain and as obamcare gets repealed or amended the US economy may well get a boost. This could be compounded by the election of Mr Rommney.

Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 391 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 6/15/2012 5:43 PM
Grasping at straws here, dont you think ? How does Obama/Romney Care affect the price of aluminum ?

James long AA and Obama

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 392 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 6/21/2012 5:06 AM
Grasping at straws here, dont you think ? How does Obama/Romney Care affect the price of aluminum ? - jamesp717 | Date: 6/15/2012 5:43:49 PM | Number: 391

The somewhat i>conservative Democrat Jimmy Carter was a one term President because: 1. He did NOT understand Economics, 2. His Administration allowed the 30-year mortgage rate to exceed 15%, in 1980, was still at 11% in 1983. Yet Carter was and still is fundamentally a GOOD man and a GOOD person who understood the Military from the perspective of a Nuc. Submarine Officer.

Result Jimmy Carter was TOAST after 1980. The first Bush, illegally invaded Iraq; did not eliminate Saddam H.

Osama, despite having been a Constitutional Law Professor at the University of Chicago is and was Dumb enough not to know that his Healthcare bill as presented to him by the ineffective Congress of the United States was Unconstitutional!!! -- The Federal Government, under the Constitution does NOT have the Right to REQUIRE a US Citizen to purchase a Health Insurance policy. The States may have that power, not the US Government. Actually, not-even the States can require that everyone purchase even an automobile insurance policy -- they can only require that the driver has the financial capicty to self-insure without auto accident coverage.

Kahuna, CFA
Venture Capital
General Partner
2012 - 2019

Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 393 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 6/21/2012 7:17 AM
Osama, despite having been a Constitutional Law Professor at the University of Chicago

Really, you lost the little bit of crediblity you had left with me at Osama !

James

Author: mountain8 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 394 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 6/22/2012 4:19 PM
James,

Please expand?

Author: mountain8 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 395 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 6/22/2012 4:20 PM
Kahuna,

Please answer James.

Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 396 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 6/22/2012 5:06 PM
James,

Please expand?

See previous post.

James

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 397 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 7/1/2012 5:04 PM
THE HUGE TAX IS UPON US! Obamacare is and continues to be the Biggest Jobs Killer in history. Without the economy may have been more resilient! That would benefit AA!

Author: jamesp717 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 398 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 7/1/2012 9:57 PM
Rubbish

James

Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 399 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 7/2/2012 8:18 AM
Wrong board!!

Author: PHOINIX20 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 405 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 7/30/2012 12:26 AM
ROCKJCP Number: of 404
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 7/1/2012 5:04 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

THE HUGE TAX IS UPON US! Obamacare is and continues to be the Biggest Jobs Killer in history. Without the economy may have been more resilient! That would benefit AA!

Hey Roc...I am curious to know at school you are
teaching economics....I hava a couple of friends
who would love to send their grand children there!

PHOINIX20
The Eternal Bird

Author: ROCKJCP Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 406 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 8/2/2012 9:58 PM
My degree in Economics is irrelevant but Common Sense should prevail after 2 1/2 years of the clueless crew. They received excellent advise from Palmisano and Immelt but turned a deaf ear!Bets made by Obama have been losers. The Keystone Pipeline was a no brainer or so most Americans thought!

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 407 of 481
Subject: Re: How long is too long Date: 8/20/2012 11:13 AM
My degree in Economics is irrelevant but Common Sense should prevail after 2 1/2 years of the clueless crew. They received excellent advise from Palmisano and Immelt but turned a deaf ear!Bets made by Obama have been losers. The Keystone Pipeline was a no brainer or so most Americans thought! - ROCKJCP | Date: 8/2/2012 9:58:39 PM | Number: 406

The President of theUnited States has a Law Degree, a JD from Harvard. So does the in Contept of Congress Attny. General Eric Holder. It appears that those with Harvard Law degrees: 1. Do not think very clearly, 2. Do not think like Americans, and perhaps do not think clearly at all about important issues and challenges faced by the United States of America. Anyone with prior Military Service would have captured Osama bin Laden alive for the rest of his life at GITMO and the waterboards twice or three times a day -- every day.

President Obama has zero Military training, he is not fit to be Commander-in-Chief(CINC) of United States Armed Forces. For that matter neither do any of the Republican Presidential challengers: Romney and Ryan. Both avoided the draft<Romney & Ryan> or refused to perform a basic two years ofMilitary Service -- yet be they are fit to serve the citizens of te United States. Ryan never even had a REAL, non Government position of any responsibility. A Congressiona Aide is a Go-For position of Patronage.

Kahuna, CFA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement