UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ptheland Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 128233  
Subject: Re: HEATING 40GAL hot water heater Date: 5/14/2002 4:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
How long should it take my hot water heater to warm to that setting after I readjust?

I'm with IF - I wouldn't think it would take all day. Why don't you turn the 'stat up sometime when you'll be home for a few hours and find out how long it really DOES take? Then you can get all kind of opinions as to whether that time is too long or not.

Just a note - you might want to be very careful about your hot water setting. Even 130 degree water is hot enough to inflict some pretty nasty burns, and 150 can do some serious damage. If you have young children or elderly folks in the house - even as guests - they are the most susceptible to hot water burns. Kids may not know better, they like to play in water and can get burned easily. The elderly can have reduced sensation in their hands and feet, causing burns before they are aware of the water temperature.

--Peter
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement