Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: americanray Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 166745  
Subject: How Much Is A Billion? Date: 12/14/2012 11:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
How Much Is A Billion?

The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" casually think about whether you do, or don't, want that politician spending your tax money!!

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but an advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure in perspective in one of its releases:

A billion seconds ago, it was 1959.

A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.

A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

And....

A billion dollars ago, was only 8 hours and 20 minutes at the rate Washington spends
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 157300 of 166745
Subject: Re: How Much Is A Billion? Date: 12/14/2012 11:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Thank Goodness all these Federal EMPLOYEES, who all work for us, will honor all of our demands that they reduce the waste, fraud and squandered money.

Author: wadigo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 157310 of 166745
Subject: Re: How Much Is A Billion? Date: 12/14/2012 10:50 PM
Recommendations: 2
Blonde and brunette talking about those they had slept with.
Brunette adds........"Last night I slept with a Brazilian."
Blonde says..........."Oh, you Sl()t! How many is a Brazilian?"

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement