Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cliff666 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19483  
Subject: How old are you? Date: 4/4/2006 6:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Remember Burma Shave signs?

http://wandascountryhome.com/remember-when/index.html

cliff
... Older than dirt.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: iamdb Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10355 of 19483
Subject: Re: How old are you? Date: 4/5/2006 2:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Cliff,

Yeah, and I remember the riding the old red cars that ran between LA and Santa Monica when I was a kid. It was especially neat to sit in the front when the car turned north at Venice for its run up the coast to Santa Monica; it seemed as though the car swung way beyond the rails.

I'll be 70 this month and it seems life has never been better, but there were good things even during the war years -- WWII, that is.

db

Author: drippinfool Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10357 of 19483
Subject: Re: How old are you? Date: 4/5/2006 10:33 AM
Don't know if this was an actual Burma Shave sign set or just something my folks made up for us kids:

"Spring has sprung,
The grass is riz,
Where last year's
Careless drivers is."

Author: Crosenfield Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10359 of 19483
Subject: Re: How old are you? Date: 4/5/2006 8:34 PM
Those were actual Burma Shave signs, which I remember very well!
Chris

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement