UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ortman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 463474  
Subject: Re: Tripled CA vehicle registration fees coming Date: 8/9/2003 6:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
How old is your car? $50? You've got to be kidding, how about $250-$300 increase for most people who have recent cars.

1995. It works just fine, why buy a newer car?

Tell me why did Davis refuse to sign a bill that would have done the same thing a couple months ago when the Legislature tried to do this "tripling" the right way? I'll tell you why, because he is the slickest of slick politicians, and he wanted to look good to the public and say, "Hey, I don't want to raise your taxes". Then he turns around and removes the rebate (essentially a tax increase that DOES require 2/3 approval) and claims he can't do anything about it, it was removed "automatically".

Blah blah. I never stood up for Davis. He's a dirt bag. I was merely pointing out that registration fees are now no different than they were in 1998. We weren't up in arms over registration fees then, so why now?

-Ortman
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement