UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932562  
Subject: How the conservative mind processes data: Date: 10/5/2012 5:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
How the conservative mind processes data:

Data or facts align with ideology = data is valid.

Data or facts conflict with ideology = data is bogus.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821563 of 1932562
Subject: Re: How the conservative mind processes data: Date: 10/5/2012 5:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3

And now we have the Dems, all up in arms over Jim Lehrer, the format, Romney, whatever. They are hysterical. So angry, because a stuffed shirt/empty chair got his prissy butt kicked in a debate.

Well guess what Sunshine? Virtually all of the dat for four years show that your guy is an even bigger failure than the failure that proceeded him.

Get over it. Move On.ORG

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821569 of 1932562
Subject: Re: How the conservative mind processes data: Date: 10/5/2012 5:40 PM
Recommendations: 0
Okay, hankie conspiracy guy.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821634 of 1932562
Subject: Re: How the conservative mind processes data: Date: 10/5/2012 10:32 PM
Recommendations: 0

That's how everyone processess data. It's called confirmation bias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

But some have it more badly than others.

Author: wolsey1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821639 of 1932562
Subject: Re: How the conservative mind processes data: Date: 10/5/2012 11:05 PM
Recommendations: 2

That's how everyone processess data. It's called confirmation bias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

But some have it more badly than others.

We're all wired to have it, and there's probably some remote evolutionary advantage to it.

But the intellectually honest among us strive to recognize and suppress it.

Author: spikie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821690 of 1932562
Subject: Re: How the conservative mind processes data: Date: 10/6/2012 8:51 AM
Recommendations: 2
But the intellectually honest among us strive to recognize and suppress it. <I/><B/> Very rarely do I find an intellectually honest liberal on this board. And when a conservative attempts to be intellectually honest, as I have many times in the past, we simply get maligned.

I say I have done this in the past. I do not say in the "present". I have decided that it is stupid to extend courtesy to people who have no intention to answer in kind. So now, if I disagree, I simply let it be known however it comes out.

Just like you liberals do.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821697 of 1932562
Subject: Re: How the conservative mind processes data: Date: 10/6/2012 9:13 AM
Recommendations: 1
I say I have done this in the past. I do not say in the "present". I have decided that it is stupid to extend courtesy to people who have no intention to answer in kind. So now, if I disagree, I simply let it be known however it comes out.

Amen brother

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement