UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sheldick One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8740  
Subject: how to automate pull of stock price for .xls? Date: 12/26/2004 1:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
i'm trying to build a .xls spreadsheet to help manage a number of DRIPS i am accumulating (mostly to keep track of costs for cost basis calculations) - but i'd also like to autmate calculation of unrealized gain/loss. in order to do that i need current stock price.
any thoughts/suggestions on how to do that automatically/automagically from some web site (rather than have to look each up separately and enter it by hand?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jmagyer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1344 of 8740
Subject: Re: how to automate pull of stock price for .xls Date: 12/26/2004 1:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Howdy

This was brought up on the Spreadsheet Advice board. Microsoft has an add in for Excel 2002 that updates prices and the accompanying thread is linked here below. I don't know about how to draw data from online sources into Excel except for this function. Good luck!
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=19990021&sort=whole#21449063

Joe

Author: yielderA Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1345 of 8740
Subject: Re: how to automate pull of stock price for .xls Date: 12/26/2004 10:20 PM
Recommendations: 4
any thoughts/suggestions on how to do that automatically/automagically from some web site

Try this http://www.dividend-growth.org/FundamentalAnalysis/YahooData.htm

Regards & season's best,
Mike

Author: sheldick One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1348 of 8740
Subject: Re: how to automate pull of stock price for .xls Date: 12/28/2004 1:41 PM
...any thoughts/suggestions on how to do that automatically/automagically from some web site

Try this...

thanks to yielderA and imagyer for ur input and helpful pointers.

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1349 of 8740
Subject: Re: how to automate pull of stock price for .xls Date: 12/28/2004 5:46 PM
Not an specific answer to your question, but Quicken does this very well and even keeps track of the remaining individual purchase lots in the event you sell a partial holding.

Gordon
Atlanta

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement