UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 73  
Subject: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/1/2004 11:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Tax churches.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CPAgentPreppie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 51 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/2/2004 9:07 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Spend less.

Author: sandyleelee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 52 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/2/2004 10:01 AM
Recommendations: 0
Spend less.

On bombs.

SLL

Author: satiranarchist Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/2/2004 10:20 AM
>>>Tax churches.<<<

Gore Vidal has been advocating this for decades.
I would also impose property taxes on hospitals and private schools that are classified as non profits.

*JR*

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 54 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/2/2004 5:31 PM
Make cannibalism legal, with the required license, and sell licenses for a million bucks apiece. Rebate half the cost of the license if you use it on a liberal.

Author: sandyleelee Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 55 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/2/2004 6:45 PM
Make cannibalism legal, with the required license, and sell licenses for a million bucks apiece. Rebate half the cost of the license if you use it on a liberal.

Is this an expression of a desire to legalize murder, or a secret/subconscious urge to necrophilia?

Or merely typical right-wing urge to kill anything and anyone unwilling to submit to your views?

SLL

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/2/2004 9:14 PM
Recommendations: 2
Legalize and tax all drugs////including religion.

RJ

Author: OldFatherHubbard Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/22/2004 3:37 PM
I don't buy this. Unlike buisnesses and the like, the church makes all of its money via donations; not revenues earned from the sale of goods and servecies. People pay the government tax, then donate to the church from their own pockets too. If you tax the church, it is like dipping your hand into the citizens pocket twice. Thew want their donation to go the charitable functions of the church, not to uncle sam. They could have given more to uncle sam if they wanted to via not accepting the refund checks.

Author: OldFatherHubbard Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 58 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/22/2004 3:39 PM
I think cannibalism should be legal. It isn't murder. Instead of creamating or ceramonialy buring those who die of natural causes, process them into sausages instead. Yum!

Author: ROTJob Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 59 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/22/2004 4:25 PM
I don't buy this. Unlike buisnesses and the like, the church makes all of its money via donations; not revenues earned from the sale of goods and servecies. People pay the government tax, then donate to the church from their own pockets too. If you tax the church, it is like dipping your hand into the citizens pocket twice. Thew want their donation to go the charitable functions of the church, not to uncle sam. They could have given more to uncle sam if they wanted to via not accepting the refund checks.

It is not double taxation, since the givers can deduct the church contributions in the first place. That means all the income of a church has not been taxed.

As for your argument that double taxation on the same dollar is wrong...well it happens every day. I pay federal income tax before i get my money, then i pay sales tax, and then that merchant is taxed again on the money I give him.

RJ

Author: CPAgentPreppie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 60 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 10/23/2004 2:33 AM
As for your argument that double taxation on the same dollar is wrong...well it happens every day. I pay federal income tax before i get my money, then i pay sales tax, and then that merchant is taxed again on the money I give him.

Just because you do it doesn't make it right.

Agent

Author: ValueSnark Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 12/22/2004 9:12 AM
Repudiate it--the libertarian solution.
Then stop spending. And taxing.

Author: thezfunk One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 73 of 73
Subject: Re: How to erase the deficit Date: 1/17/2006 11:58 PM
Pay off the deficit with US Notes and slowly elimate the Federal Reserve Notes. Raising Bank reserves to 100% eliminates inflation.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement