Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I am in S. Korea, and I can't seem to find anyone here who is qualified to do my taxes. I am therefore, tying to file my own taxes.

I figured out the forms for the foreigned earned income tax, but what forms do I need for 1099-Div? I just had mutual funds through Schwab. They sent me a end of the year 1099-Div.

Are the forms self-explanatory, and could I figure it out myself? or should I continue to find someone to do my taxes?

Thank assistance would be apprecited. I have some time, since I have an automatic extension till June.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.